Mac users, do you update your software often? If you don’t, you should consider! To update your software, go to the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your screen, and scroll down to Software Update. Your computer will then check for new software available. After scanning, your computer will let you know whether your software is up to date, or new software is available to download.
You can also set your computer to check for these updates automatically. To get updates automatically, follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple Menu, scroll down and select System Preferences.
- Choose Software Update from the View menu.
- Click the “Check for updates:” box
- Select whether you would like these automatic checks to be daily, weekly, or monthly.
- You may also click the box “Download updates automatically,” if you would like software to be downloaded automatically.
- Before updating software, your computer may ask for a user name and password. If so, enter your Gustavus e-mail user name and password.
- After the update is complete, restart your computer if necessary.