Have you ever wanted to organize your Gustavus mail? Maybe your inbox contains 700 messages, but you want to tidy it up a bit. To combat this issue, you can create as many mailboxes as you like to file or organize messages you want to keep. You can also create a mailbox within an existing mailbox, which is called a “sub-folder.”
To Create a Mailbox:
- Open up the Mail application.
- Select the Mailbox Menu and scroll down to “New Mailbox…”
- Use the Location pop-up menu to choose the location for the mailbox on your computer or an IMAP account. (To create a mailbox within an existing mailbox, select the existing mailbox as the location. There are three options for selecting a location:
- IMAP Account – Creating a new Mailbox, which remains on the IMAP server and is accessible on any computer at any time.
- On your computer – You may also select the location as “On my Mac.” This means that your mail is local and only accessible on your local computer. If your hard drive were to crash, these files would not be accessible on another computer.
- Creating sub-folders – You may select a Mailbox or subfolder that is already existing under the IMAP Account.
- Type a name for the mailbox.
- Click OK.
- To rename or delete folders, simply right-click on the folder and select “Rename Mailbox…” or “Delete Mailbox…”
You can now utilize these folders to organize and tidy up your inbox.