Ever wanted to take a pdf file and edit it? Well, you can use a Macintosh utility program, called the Automator, to easily create a conversion application that will take pdf files and convert them into plain or rich text. To create your conversion application follow these steps:
- Open up Automator (located in your Applications folder) and select “New” from the File Menu.
- Select “Custom” and click the Choose button. This will bring you to a Library of Actions for Apple applications on your computer.
- In the second column, scroll down and select “Extract PDF Text.” Click and drag it into the blank window on the right that says “Drag actions of files here to build your workflow.”
- Your action should now appear in the right column. Set your preferences, such as plain or rich text, page header/footer, output location and output file name.
- Save your newly created workflow by giving it a name, choosing a save location and changing the file format to “Application” rather than Workflow. You have now created your PDF converter.